Integrative Life’s mission
Health – “The first wealth is health”
Integrative Life is a non profit organisation that promotes educational health programs and healthy lifestyle, where one can understand and realise higher human life-quality and potential.
To achieve that, we are guided by the Doctor Colin Campbell’s work and study, wholesome activities like Yoga, QiGong, Tai Chi and meditation.
Integrative Life achieves its mission by:
• Collaborating with experts in the health scientific community.
• Educating and training the public about preventive measures and medicine and the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
• Workshops and cooking classes teaching simple but effective recipes which can be integrated into every day life.
• Organizing conferences that inform the practice of medicine and allow the individual to take personal responsibility for health.
• Health Conferences – ‘Dinner with the Doctor.’
• Organizing retreats to support the implementation of lifestyle changes throughout the daily routine, thus helping people to maintain those changes.
• To spread awareness about holistic health and an ecologically sustainable and compassionate lifestyle.
For more than 3 years, Farid Alipour and his colleagues (at the Non-profit Integrative Life Association, in collaboration with the T. Collin Campbell Centre for Nutrition Studies, Prof. Dr Collin Campbell, Dr Michael Hollie, and other leading academics and institutions), have conducted a series of conferences and wellness retreats.
Based on scientific research, they show that changes in diet and lifestyle can make a powerful difference to our health and well-being.
We were inspired, we appreciated, and we learned from:
• Prof Dr T Colin Campbell – The China Study, the world most comprehensive study of nutrition ever conducted
• A Strategy to Arrest and Reverse Coronary Artery Disease: A 5-Year Longitudinal Study of a Single Physician’s Practice of Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr, MD; Stephen G. Ellis, MD; Sharon V. Medendorp, MPH; and Timothy D. Crowe
• The Dr. Dean Ornish Program for Reversing Heart Disease was the first program scientifically proven to “undo” (reverse) heart disease by by optimizing four important areas of your life: what you eat; how you manage stress; how much you move; how much love and support you have.
• Michael Hollie, Neil Barnard, Dr Mc Gregor
Integrative Life’s founder
A healthy lifestyle is when physical and mental health are in balance with the environment and the bigger ecosystem
Farid’s experience and lifestyle
Farid Alipour, an experienced wellness trainer with expertise in stress management and relaxation techniques.
Having a high-level of training in nutrition, yoga, meditation, Kung Fu, Qi Gong and Traditional Thai Massage for more than 35 years.
He strongly supports the importance of harmonizing mind, spirit and body through nutrition and sports such as yoga, qi gong, kung-fu and meditation.
His preparation as a wellness trainer can be said to have started at a very early age of 15, when he began practicing Kung Fu.
Later, in 1991 he met the one who became his master, Mr. Wong, at Bergen’s China Struck-Art Club. After meeting him he immediately started working there as an assistant teacher meanwhile learning new techniques and practicing, together with Mr.Wong, for the next 6 years.
In 2001, after becoming professional in Kung Fu, Tai Chi and Qi Gong, he left Norway for the Himalayas where he studied yoga and meditation under the guidance of local masters.
After more than 2 year of extensive practice and small group teaching, he became a Certified Advanced Yoga Teacher at Rishikul Institute of Holistic Yoga & Integrated Therapies in India, in October of 2002.
The asiatic journey
Through the martial arts, yoga and meditation, he developed strength, patience, balance and flexibility which are very important qualities for a wellness trainer.
A few weeks after becoming a Certified Advanced Yoga Teacher in India he went to the very south of Thailand, where he attended a very prestigious Internationally known Meditation Centre called Suan Mokkh, where he studied the Anapanasati (mindfulness on breathing).
In 2003 he began teaching yoga and qi gong in health centers around the world: Spa Samui – Thailand, Thelifeco – Turkey and Navotu – Cambodia where he created and teached his own programs of lifestyle and wellness. During this time, he also held private lessons for people around the world.
During his stay in Thailand he attended and graduated the Traditional Thai Massage Course to fourthly enrich his knowledge and massage techniques.
In 2004, he started visiting China and Taiwan regularly, learning from chinese masters, deepening his knowledge in the Tao philosophy.
He discovered the Gong-fu Tea Ceremony culture in detail, starting from the forest tea tree, the processing of the tea, the ritualised preparation and presentation of tea, and finally, the traditionally serving.
He now helps the others to discover and understand the terrific tastes and healthful aspects of one of the world’s oldest and most widely consumed beverages of all times.
The Integrative Life chapter
To complete his training as a wellness trainer, in 2015 he completed the certificate program in Plant-Based Nutrition from the T. Colin Campbell Centre for Nutrition Studies through the eCornell University in the USA.
So he studied nutrition with the notorious Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry T. Colin Campbell, author of The China Study – The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted.
Beginning from march of 2017 he is the President and founder of Integrative Life, a wellness and lifestyle association based in Europe, having its main goals to teach individuals through week retreats and workshops how to adopt these knowledge and integrate it into their life situation.
The program created for this combines yoga, Qi Gong and meditation techniques, cooking whole food plant based ingredients and using tea and art of Cha Tao(meditation with tea).