Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, a good source of potassium (more than a banana!), a good source of vitamin B6,
fat-sodium- cholesterol-free and contain 110 calories per serving.
Day 6- Lunch
Potato Salad with Avocado And Dill
Cooking time: 40 min
Preparation time: 20 min
Ingredients for 5 servings: 2 pounds small red potatoes ; 1 large avocado; 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice; 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard; ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika; ½ teaspoon sea salt; 1½ teaspoons almond or oat milk (optional, to balance the acidic lemon and spicy mustard); Freshly ground black pepper; ⅓ cup fresh dill, chopped; ½ bunch green onions (green part); sliced 3 stalks celery, trimmed and sliced; ½ white onion, diced.
Directions:1. Wash the potatoes and cut out any bad spots or eyes. Steam gently for about 10 minutes, until just fork tender through the center. Immediately run under cold water to prevent further cooking.
2. For best results, refrigerate the cooked potatoes for about 30 min. (This ensures they don’t fall apart when slicing.)
3. Quarter the potatoes and peel if desired. Place in a large bowl.
4. Peel and mash the avocado in a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, mustard, paprika, salt, and maple syrup (if using), and stir into the avocado to create a dressing. Season with pepper to taste.
5. Add the dill, green onion, celery, onion, and avocado dressing to the potatoes. Toss gently until everything is coated. Taste test and adjust seasonings if desired.
6. Serve the same day, or refrigerate and serve the next day, (as the avocado darkens and breaks down quickly).